Environmental education that engages the whole child
Each year we bring our award-winning Live Shows to 50,000 kids in 200 elementary schools across BC’s Lower Mainland!
We’ve worked in over 900 schools and speak kids’ language. Our shows include components that suit every age, temperament, and ability level, and we design everything to fit seamlessly into the K-7 curriculum allowing the entire school to participate together.
Kids laugh, learn and have fun at our shows that use song, story and comedy to cover a variety of topics including:
- H2Whoa! Water Conservation
- Keep cool! Energy & Transportation
- Zero Heroes: A Mission for Zero Waste
- Clean Up Your Act: Littering & Graffiti
“It was excellent – great fun, and the message was very clearly presented. Students from kindergarten all the way up to the Grade 7s were engaged and entertained,”
– Donna Heikkila, Principal, Edith McDermott Elementary, Pitt Meadows, BC
Contact us to discuss how we can bring the DreamRider magic to your schools!
H2Whoa! A play about water conservation
H2Whoa! is a fun and effective way to deliver the water cycle curriculum and inspire kids to take action at school and in the home. Grades K-7, Run time: 40 minutes. BOOK THIS SHOW!
Seen by 42,000 Metro Vancouver kids in its first two years!
Esmeralda Planet Protector needs the help of kids everywhere to defeat the evil Evaporator and protect the watershed! Kids learn about:
- Where the water in their taps comes from
- Why it isn’t a limitless resource
- How the entire water cycle works
- Why water is critical not just for us but for the entire ecosystem
- How to protect it through rain-barrel capture, water-efficient practices, stream protection and everyday actions like turning off the tap.
“The teachers were really pleased at how well the content fit into the curriculum. It made us think about powerful ways to teach, too… We are very, very fortunate to have you enrich our lives in this way.”
– Barb H., MacDonald Elementary, Vancouver, BC
Keep Cool! Energy & Transportation
Keep Cool! introduces climate change and what kids can do to protect their future, all in a friendly, fun and upbeat way. Grades K-7, Run time: 40 minutes. BOOK THIS SHOW!
Over 100,000 Metro Vancouver kids reached since 2008!
Esmeralda Planet Protector, and her loveable sidekick Goober take on the Evil Dr. Carbon and teach kids about positive actions they can take to reduce emissions and prevent climate change. Kids learn about:
- What causes climate change
- How human actions heat the planet
- Smarter energy usage, reducing district utility costs
- Alternative transportation, complementing school travel planning
- Simple habits that all add up to make a really big difference!
“The show reinforces our school’s emphasis on being earth’s caretakers, so it was great to have them get that message again in a highly engaging and energetic show.”
– Roy van Eerden, Principal, Abbotsford Christian School, BC
Zero Heroes: A Mission for Zero Waste
Zero Heroes inspires kids to take action and change the way they think about garbage and the planet’s finite resources. Grades K-7, Run time: 40 minutes. BOOK THIS SHOW!
Seen by more than 62,000 kids across Metro Vancouver!
Everyone’s favourite superhero, Esmeralda Planet Protector, and her goofy sidekick Goober need to find out why the dump is filling up so fast! They’ll need everyone’s help to solve the mystery but first they’ll have to deal with the Evil Dr. Carbon, the ruthless supervillain who only cares about profit—and himself. Kids learn about:
- How garbage ends up in the landfill
- Consumption and the product lifecycle
- Food scraps composting, to coincide with Metro Vancouver’s organics ban
- Recycling and reusing
- How each positive, waste-reducing habit helps save their town and the whole planet
“We did a ‘Litterless Lunch’ the week after the performance and the kids did great with using reusable containers!”
– Teacher, from online survey for Zero Heroes
Clean Up Your Act: Littering & Graffiti
Clean Up Your Act teaches kids how litter, vandalism and graffiti hurt our communities – and how they can help protect our public spaces. Grades K-3, Run time: 35 minutes. BOOK THIS SHOW!
Now in it’s 18th year!
Prevention of littering and vandalism begins with shaping the attitudes and behaviours of children at a young age. We use wacky versions of the storybook characters kids know and love to instill a desire to keep our environment safe. Kids go home armed with:
- The know-how to appropriately dispose of garbage and recycling, and with
- A sense of personal responsibility for our city streets and natural spaces.
“It was a fantastic show and the actors were so amazing with our little ones. It was great to hear the laughter and the joy coming from the crowd! We can’t wait to have you back. Thank you.”
– Shauna Ross, Vice Principal, Martha Jane Norris Elementary, Surrey, BC
Hear about how our performances are received in schools across Metro Vancouver:
Want to bring the DreamRider magic to your school district? Contact us!