Public outreach that inspires real change
Each year we bring our award-winning Live Shows to 50,000 kids in 200 elementary schools across BC’s Lower Mainland!
All of them were designed in consultation with city governments to align with municipal outreach goals and address specific issues:
- H2Whoa! Water Conservation
- Keep cool! Energy & Transportation
- Zero Heroes: A Mission for Zero Waste
- Clean Up Your Act: Littering & Graffiti
Want help reaching your community? Contact us to discuss your needs!
“The show really inspired me. Now I’m on a green team.”
– Highschool student, Richmond Green Ambassador program
Come and see a show near you!
H2Whoa! A play about water conservation
H2Whoa! is a fun and effective way to teach kids and parents about simple steps they can take to conserve water. Grades K-7, Run time: 40 minutes. BOOK THIS SHOW!
Seen by 42,000 Metro Vancouver kids in its first two years!
Esmeralda Planet Protector needs the help of kids everywhere to defeat the evil Evaporator and protect the watershed! By introducing key concepts in water management and conservation, the play inspires kids to:
- Think again about where the water in their taps comes from
- Appreciate the role of water in our entire ecosystem
- Take action to protect our watershed, through rain-barrel capture, water-efficient practices, stream protection and everyday actions like turning off the tap.
“My daughter has trained me so well (to conserve water) that now I actually ‘bust’ her every now and then!”
Keep Cool! Energy & Transportation
Keep Cool! myth-busts climate change and shows kids what they can do to protect their future, all in a friendly, fun and upbeat way. Grades K-7, Run time: 40 minutes. BOOK THIS SHOW!
Over 100,000 Metro Vancouver kids reached since 2008!
Esmeralda Planet Protector, and her loveable sidekick Goober take on the Evil Dr. Carbon and teach kids about positive actions they can take to reduce emissions and prevent climate change. The play inspires kids to:
- Walk, bike or use transit for shorter trips
- Bug their parents to stop idling
- Use energy more efficiently, including turning off lights and appliances
- Build small, simple habits that all add up to make a really big difference!
“It was fantastic and the kids were incredibly engaged. You delivered the ‘travel smart’ message probably better than anybody else.”
– Frankie Kirby, former Program Manager, TransLink
Since 2008, 16 B.C. municipalities and TransLink have all used Keep Cool! to meet their outreach targets. Kids in our audiences have pledged to reduce their carbon footprint by more than 23,000t!
Zero Heroes: A Mission for Zero Waste
Zero Heroes inspires kids to take action and change the way they think about consumption, how stuff is made and what ends up in the landfill. Grades K-7, Run time: 40 minutes. BOOK THIS SHOW!
Seen by more than 62,000 kids in 13 B.C. municipalities!
Esmeralda Planet Protector and her sidekick Goober need to find out why the dump is filling up. They’ll need everyone’s help to solve the mystery! By introducing key waste concepts through song and story, the play inspires kids to:
- Compost their family’s food scraps
- Understand stages of a product’s lifecycle
- Rethink the link between consumption and happiness
- Divert recyclables from landfill
“I was impressed with both the message and the delivery. This is how we get people to change their behaviour – you could see that the kids get it. The message is carried home and we continue to see a reduction in garbage and diversion away from waste streams.”
– Kim Grout, Director of Operations, City of Pitt Meadows, BC
To date, kids who have seen Zero Heroes have pledged to reduce their waste by more than 500,000 kilograms!
Clean Up Your Act: Littering & Graffiti
Clean Up Your Act teaches kids how litter, vandalism and graffiti hurt our communities. We empower them to take positive action to protect our public spaces. Grades K-3, Run time: 35 minutes. BOOK THIS SHOW!
Now in its 18th year!
Prevention of littering and vandalism begins with shaping the attitudes and behaviours of children at a young age. We use wacky versions of the storybook characters kids know and love to instill a desire to keep our environment safe. Kids go home armed with:
- The know-how to appropriately dispose of garbage and recycling, and with
- A sense of personal responsibility for our city streets and natural spaces.
“I think these presentations are the best thing the city does. Our kindergarten class loved your clowning around and got a valuable lesson they will remember in future.”
– Mrs. E. Wood, Franklin School, Vancouver, BC
Hear about how we work with the City of Vancouver to help them meet their outreach goals:
Want to bring the DreamRider magic to your community? Contact us to discuss your needs!